Alvarez and Díaz to give Mets a boost

NATIONAL LEAGUE


New York Mets
NEWS: New York activated Francisco Alvarez (strained left thumb) and designated Tomás Nido for assignment. Separately the Mets announced Edwin Díaz (right shoulder impingement) will be activated in time for Thursday’s game.
IMPACT: High
BHQ SPIN: Alvarez is returning a little bit ahead of predictions. For now, we’re projecting him to play 65% of the time with newly acquired Luis Torrens receiving the remaining 35% of the playing time behind the plate. Assuming no setbacks, we would anticipate that Alvarez’ share of the playing time behind the plate will bump up slightly as the season progresses. Prior to his thumb injury, Alvarez was off to a slow start - .229 xBA and 28 xPX - but he’s coming off a...

Almost!

You’re just a few clicks away from accessing this feature and hundreds more throughout the year that have a singular goal in mind: Winning your league. Subscribe to BaseballHQ.com here!

Already a subscriber? Sign in here

More From PT Today

Nolan Jones has more back problems, Dustin May is out for the year, Heston Kjerstad lands on the concussion IL, and more...
Jul 14 2024 7:57am
Xander Bogaerts leads a batch of IL activations ahead of the All-Star Break. Also returning: David Bednar, Bryan Woo.
Jul 13 2024 8:14am
Two young outfielders will try and fill the gap due to Cody Bellinger's broken finger; updates on Brennan, Maeda, Soderstrom and more.
Jul 12 2024 8:01am
Bobby Miller is the latest Dodgers SP to clear the runway for Landon Knack; Angels also shuffle starters; Canzone to IL in SEA, and more.
Jul 11 2024 8:46am
Blake Snell aims to give SF a pre-Break boost. Plus updates on Lodolo, Glasnow, Verlander and more as teams get ready for the All Star Break.
Jul 10 2024 8:46am

Tools